Each year, The Newcomers makes a wide range of charitable donations right here in Westborough. This holiday season will be no different. We will be making donations to the Holiday Store run by Westborough Youth and Family Services, reaching needy families through the Interfaith Giving Tree, sponsoring gifts for local seniors and donating to a local residential program for struggling teens.
The list below was compiled by Westborough Cares, a local collaborative organization who provide information on charitable giving. All of these organizations are located here in Westborough and work to serve our neighbors in need. If you’re looking to make a donation this holiday season, please consider one of the following charities.
(photo courtesy of: www.alliancehealthcarefoundation.org)
• Westborough Food Pantry: provides food weekly for families in need. See www.westboroughfoodpantry.org for needed items or make a monetary donation. Items can be dropped at Roche Bros, or Fire Station, 42 Milk Street. Contact 508-366-3007, email@example.com or P.O. Box 502, Westborough.
• Westborough Fuel Assistance Fund: provides financial assistance for families having difficulty paying fuel bills. Contact Senior Center at 508-366-3000, firstname.lastname@example.org, 4 Rogers Road.
• Interfaith Giving Tree: sponsored by the Church of St. Luke the Evangelist, Evangelical Congregational Church, First United Methodist Church, St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, and Unitarian Universalist Church. Provides children in need with gifts of clothing or toys regardless of faith community affiliation. Contact 508-366-8509 email@example.com.
• Free Holiday Store: sponsored by Rotary Club of Westborough and Westborough Youth and Family Services. Provides children in need with free toys and books. Contact WYFS at 508-366-3090 or firstname.lastname@example.org. www.town.westborough.ma.us/holidaystore
• Westborough Senior Outreach Giving Program: provides holiday gifts for Westborough Seniors in need. Contact 508-366-3000 or email@example.com
• In Your Shoes Westborough: a non-profit giving circle, working to contribute time, talents and monetary resources to Westborough residents in need. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, PO Box 19, Westborough, www.inyourshoeswestborough.com.
• Assabet Valley Pastoral Counseling Center Assistance Fund: subsidizes counseling fees for families in need. Contact 508-366-4000 or 8 Church Street. www.pccofma.org.
For more information on Westborough CARES please see our web site at www.WestboroughCARES.org.