Are you looking for…
- Local Family Fun? Family Friendly activities are a huge part of our club and typically take place in Westborough or the surrounding towns, so you don’t have to travel far. We host 2 sets of playgroups during the week that members can join at any time. It’s a great way for parents and children to socialize and friendships that develop can last through the early childhood and school aged years. We also host a variety of seasonal activities including apple picking, Santa’s breakfast, and Valentine’s Day brownie decorating, just to name a few!
- A Chance to Hang Out with Grown ups? Adults only events are another great perk for members. This month, we’ll be hosting our annual kick off party on September 26th at The Grille at the Westborough Country Club. We’ll have a cash bar, hors d’ouerves and a mini dessert station and plenty of fun with old and new friends. In addition to the social events that we host every few months, there are several interest groups that meet regularly including Ladies’ Night Out, Men’s Night Out, Book Club, and Craft Club where members can explore common interests or have simply have a good time!
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors? Newcomers take care of one another and the town of Westborough. With the In-a-Pinch group, people volunteer to help provide a meal for members who are “in a pinch” with birth of new babies, illness or death in their families. We also raise money throughout the year to donate to different organizations in Westborough. Last year through money we raised, we were able to make charitable donations to the Westborough Food Pantry, Westborough Community Land Trust, Westborough Youth and Family Services, among others and hope to continue to do so this year!
- To Become Acquainted with Your Community?Newcomers members get to know the town of Westborough really well. Through our interest groups and events, members not only develop friendships with new people, but also get to know what’s happening in town. Expanding your horizons by meeting fellow Newcomers will help keep you up to date of concerts, block parties, parades, etc. that happen in town throughout the year. Members also get to access this information on our facebook page.
- To Get Involved? Our board members do a lot of planning throughout the year to provide you with great events. We’re always looking for people to either get involved with helping our events team with various tasks, hosts for playgroups/social gatherings, and leadership of our interest groups. We also welcome new ideas all the time because we want to make this group about you.
If you answered yes to some of these questions, we hope you can join! Go to our membership page. Do you have more questions about our group? Please contact us and we’ll be happy to give you more information! We look forward to meeting you!